Friday, March 2, 2007

Back From Nowhere!

I had to take a break from blogging because things were really getting bogged down for me. I do have some exciting news to share though. This month I am going to pay off a $1,700.00 debt which will bring the amount of debt paid off since starting this blog to $2,700.00 and when you consider my normal monthly debt payments I could easily be at $3,000 in reduced debt by the end of the month.

The other thing I’ve done over my blogging break is invest in the stock market. I’ll admit that I have absolutely no clue what I’m doing yet but I’m learning. I set up an account with OptionsXpress and invested in the cheapest stock I could find (IDSM.OB).

I’m still figuring it all out so I have a very minimal investment right now. If I decide I like it and it works for me I’ll invest more and if I don’t like it or then I haven’t lost much. Right now I’m down about six cents per share.

3 comments:

Working Girl said...

Hey! I just found you via blog mad. Good Luck! We are paying down debt over here too.

Chuck Williams said...

Free tip. Buying single stocks is a BAD BAD THING. There is a lot of risk involved. A recent Money Magazine study said that 78% of day traders lose money.

Are you investing for long term? Or are you trying to save up money?

OverMyHead said...

Thanks for the advice Chuck. I'm learning daily that I have no clue what i'm doing and am glad that my investment was very minimal.

Working Girl, hang in there and good luck with reducing your debt.