Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bristol, Tennessee

Bristol Farmer's Market

Known as the birthplace of country music Bristol, Tennessee is a quiet place for a one night stop. Bordering both Tennessee and Virginia and in the backdrop of the Blue Ridge Mountains Bristol is a small community with an amazing atmosphere.

Made popular by sports’ fan because of the Bristol Motor Speedway this community has a lot to more to offer than just a NASCAR race. The State Street Farmer’s Market is open from May to October. Find recipes, buy fresh locally grown produce or just experience the atmosphere of this unique stop.

The Bristol Caverns gives you a one hour tour beneath the earth’s surface. This is one of the oldest attractions in the northeast and definitely worth the admission. The highlight of the tour is walking along an underground river that is 180 feet below the earth’s surface.

There’s more to Bristol than what I’ve mentioned, the Appalachian Caverns and the Rocky Mount Museum got my attention, but like I said it was a one night stop and we were on the road again. Our next stop, Martinsburg, West Virginia.

1 comment:

Sean B. Halliday said...

I love farmers markets as I love to cook (and use fresh ingredients).

I've created a website showcasing the Tri Cites as I love this area (I moved here 3 years ago).

http://www.thetricitiesbest.com

Sean B. Halliday